A substantial body of research has established that cultural background is a key driver of consumer behaviour – whether for commercial organisations or government services.
Given Australia’s well-documented and dynamic multicultural demography, businesses can no longer afford to ignore how they interact with the 49% of Australians whose heritage lies beyond these shores.
If you can’t measure, you won’t have the evidence to understand, manage or monitor.
For Commercial Organisations and Not-for-profits
Insight into cultural diversity assists businesses to:
- Understand how customers and prospects reflect the market
- Assess market penetration by cultural segment
- Detail which groups are profitable, and which present opportunity or risk
- Dissect engagement through product use, churn, channel preference
- Support a business case for action and deployment
All of which leads to a competitive edge in achieving better service delivery, higher sales and increased profitability.
For Government and Public Sector
Insight into cultural diversity assists agencies to:
- Understand the cultural diversity of clients
- Report on participation in and satisfaction with essential services
- Have an evidence-base to support resource allocation
- Ensure staff reflect the client base (workplace mutuality – see this short HealthWest video
These contribute to the achievement of organisational goals and a clear indication of delivery on the principles of access and equity in service delivery.Back to FAQ